- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
- Two CSC 4000 level courses with Honors Option
- CSC 3991 & CSC 3992 (departmental honors thesis courses)
The student must take a minimum of 12 semester hours of honors courses at the 3000 level or above with a 3.5 overall average for these courses, with no grade lower than a 'B'. These 12 hours must be courses in the Department of Computer Science.
Thesis Courses Available
CSC 3991 & CSC 3992