- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
Foreign Languages & Literatures
- 6 hours of 4000 level or above in Latin with Honors Option
- Two semesters of HNRS 4000
The student must complete at least 12 semester hours of Latin courses at the 4000 level or above and attain a 3.5 overall average for these courses with no grade lower than a 'B'. These courses must be taken as honors courses under the Honors Option Contract.
Thesis Courses Available