- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
Information Systems & Decision Sciences
- 9 hours of upper level courses in Information Systems & Decisions Sciences with Honors Option
- Two semesters of HNRS 4000
To receive the Upper Division Honors Distinction, students must complete the program of study as described above, fulfill all requirements of the Honors College, and complete all degree requirements of the E.J. Ourso College of Business Administration with an overall LSU grade point average of at least 3.5, with no grade lower than a 'B' in any honors course.
Thesis Courses Available