- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
- 6 hours of upper level courses in Art History with Honors Option
- Two semesters of HNRS 4000
Students completing their sophomore year with a GPA of 3.5 or above are eligible for admission to the Upper Division Honors Program in Art History. Students should apply for admission at or before the beginning of the junior year to the Art History Coordinator.
Thesis Courses Available