- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
- Three courses from the following list with Honors Option or others by approval of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts:
- MUS 4712, 4718, 4719, 4720, 4721, 4722 or 4723
- 6 hours of MUS 3000 for thesis
- The project described therein may be any of the following:
- A recital in addition to the normal required senior recital (this option requires a written component).
- A musical composition which goes beyond the scope of the normal degree requirements, as determined by the composition faculty (this option still requires a written component).
- A thesis on a topic approved by the student's major professor.
Thesis Courses Available
MUS 3000, HNRS 4000