- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
- 6 hours of Honors credit in Political Science at the 3000-4000 level, either through Honors Option or Honors POLI courses. Students will be expected to enroll in POLI 3809, which will be offered at least once each academic year.
- To enter the Honors Program a student must have a 3.3 average overall and a 3.5 average in political science.
- Honors students' course distribution within political science will follow the established course distribution for regular departmental majors except that the distribution must include at least one course in each of the four fields of the discipline.
Thesis Courses Available
POLI 3000, HNRS 4000