Five Reasons to Live in the Honors House:
1) We are new. The renovation of East Laville Hall was completed in fall 2012, as well as a new building connecting it to recently-renovated West Laville Hall (2010). The renovation and new construction feature a courtyard, computer labs, a faculty residence, classroom space, two student lounges, and study areas on each floor.
2) We are experienced. As LSU's first and oldest living-learning community, we have 13 years of experience helping our students get the most out of LSU.
3) We are diverse. Honors House residents are high-achieving students from all majors; they have a wide range of interests and come from all over the country and the world.
4) We are central. East and West Laville Halls are right next to the 459 Dining Commons and the French House (the Honors College). Live with us, and it's a short walk to the Union, the Quad, and the Recreation Center.
5) We are connected. East and West Laville Halls are the center of the Honors College community, creating a neighborhood within the larger LSU campus. We make LSU smaller, while putting all the resources of a large research university at your fingertips.
Touring The Honors House
Residence hall tours, including the Honors House, are offered on weekdays at 1:30pm and 3:00pm, beginning at Grace King Hall, across South Campus Dr. from the French House. If you are interested in a tour or for more information, contact the Department of Residential Life at (225) 578-8663.
Applying for The Honors House
To live in Honors House, students must complete an online housing application through the Department of Residential Life. Be sure to indicate Honors House (West Laville or East Laville Hall) on the application. To ensure proper assignment, all students considering the Honors House are encouraged to submit the housing application as soon as they are admitted to the University. Building and room assignments go by date of application, so the earlier you apply, the better. On-campus housing is limited and once capacity is reached, Residential Life goes to a housing standby list, often as early as March.
Note: If you have already applied for housing and wish to modify your request to include Honors House, please email your modification request to email@example.com or send via fax to (225) 578-5576.