Welcome Leader Application
Please complete the following form to apply for a position as an Ogden Honors Welcome Leader for Fall 2016
The Ogden Honors College is currently seeking exceptional continuing students to help our new students get acclimated to LSU and the Honors College during their first few days on campus.
As a Welcome Leader (W-Leader), you will guide small groups of incoming Honors students through several events (some Honors specific, some campus-wide) that lead up to the first day of class. Honors W-Leaders will participate in training on August 15 & 16, Honors Welcome events that will run from August 17 – 21, and Honors Convocation on September 7. W-Leaders will receive a t-shirt to wear, and some (but not all) meals will be provided. Welcome Leaders living on campus will be able to move into their residence halls on the morning of August 15.
Welcome leader responsibilities include:
- Familiarizing yourself with Honors specific information as well as planning a group icebreaker for the incoming class during Welcome Leader Training
- Helping students move into the Honors House, East and West Laville Halls
- Acting as a small group leader for Honors Information Sessions
- Serving as a small group leader for Community Bound Service Plunge
- Attending Chancellor's Welcome with your group
- Acting as a small group leader for Honors Convocation