Fellowships and Scholarships: What you Need to Know to Compete
Mar 17, 2016
from 04:30 PM to 05:30 PM
|Where||French House, Room 218|
|Contact Name||Drew Lamonica Arms|
|Add event to calendar||
We will discuss necessary preparation for major fellowships with fall deadlines, which include
- Rhodes, Marshall, and Gates Cambridge Scholarships (for study in UK)
- Truman Scholarship (public service)
- Goldwater Scholarship (STEM PhD)
- Fulbright Scholarship (study/project abroad)
- Udall Scholarship (environmental career)
- Critical Language Scholarships (intensive language training)
- AND MORE. See www.honors.lsu.edu/fellowships for a complete listing.
We will discuss the benefits of each fellowship and steps of their individual application processes, including:
- solidifying your resume and/or lists of accomplishments and activities
- writing compelling personal narratives and other responses to essay prompts
- requesting letters of recommendation, and
- identifying appropriate graduate programs.
Open to all interested LSU students. Light refreshments will be provided.