- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
Animal, Dairy, & Poultry Sciences
Two courses with Honors Options from the following list:
- Animal Science: ANSC 4009, 4045, 4050
- Dairy Science: ANSC 4020, 4040, 4043, 4046, 4054
- Poultry Science: ANSC 3900, 4031, 4032, 4051, 4052
- Two Semesters of HNRS 4000
To achieve distinction in the Upper Division Honors Program in Animal, Dairy, and Poultry Sciences a student must:
- maintain a grade point average of 3.33 or higher during the Junior and Senior years.
- Complete at least 12 semester hours of Honors Options in courses from the list above, to include 6 hours of thesis, with a grade no lower than 'B' in each.
Thesis Courses Available
Dr. Dennis R. Ingram