- Learn the requirements of your Upper Division Program below.
- Declare your plans with the Honors College
- Have questions? Schedule an appointment with the Upper Division Academic Advisor.
The baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction are:
- 12 hours of 3000/4000-level Honors coursework, including 3-6 thesis hours
- Honors Thesis Project
- 3.50 cumulative and LSU GPA
- 3.50 GPA in Upper Division program courses
Several major departments have designated specific programs of study for their Upper Division Programs beyond the baseline requirements for Upper Division Honors Distinction. Synopses of such departmental program requirements are listed below. Full requirements may be obtained directly from departments.
In majors without established Upper Division programs, the baseline requirements (above) should be followed.
15 - 18
- A required 3000-level survey course with Honors Option
- An Honors Seminar (ENGL 3820-3825)
- An additional Honors Seminar or 4000-level course with Honors Option
- Three Honors Independent Study Courses (ENGL 3925, ENGL 3927, ENGL 3929) may be used as preparation for or part of thesis hours
- Two semesters of thesis: may include ENGL 3000 or HNRS 4000
Thesis Courses Available
ENGL 3925, 3927, 3929, 3000, HNRS 4000
Departmental Program Website:English
Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of English